Well, the story just does not end there. To be able to flash a stock MIUI firmware through the EDL mode you need MiFlash tool which requires an Authorized Mi Account and god only knows who has those authorized Mi accounts!
Not even Mi service center guys know about it.
So, What is an Authorized Mi Account?
Basically a Mi account that is authorized or allowed to flash a MIUI stock firmware using the MiFlash tool. A specific computer is bind with a Mi account to allow flashing of any stock MIUI firmware on any Xiaomi device.
Which is not available for any user at any circumstance. At least till now I have not found a way how Xiaomi is allowing to have an authorized account. There is no proper official documentation about this.If anyone happen to know of some official way of asking Authorization on a user account, please lt the whole world know about it.
But for now I have found a MiFlash Pro tool (which is an all-in-one tool for Xiaomi phones that has built in MiFlash tool, SP Flash tool, etc.) that allows any user to have an Authorized Mi Account to flash stock firmware. Yes, you read it right, any user.
Where to Download MiFlash Pro with Free Mi Authorized Account?
Below is the download link to the MiFlash Pro that Authorizes any account to allow flashing of Xiaomi phone.
MiFlash Pro Download for Windows
How to Sign-in to your Mi Account
- Install the MiFlash Pro tool on your Windows PC.
- Once installed successfully, Open the App and click on the Sign in which is on the top right corner (see the image below).
- Use phone number login (#2), or e-mail login (#5, requires an existing registered account on mi.com) or Gmail or FB login (#6)
- If you are login using your mobile number then first select the country code, enter your phone number (#2), click on the Get verification code (#3), and enter the code in the Verification code box (#4) that you have received as an SMSIf you are Signing-in using a phone number then you have only 3 attempts to try in 24 hours.You can start off with a new number. I have tried this as well and I was given a new account and I was able to use the app.
- Click on the Sign in/Sign up button to login.
- Wait patiently. Once signed-in, you are done and ready to flash MIUI ROM on your phone.
I logged in directly using the account_auth.exe file available under the installation path C:\Program Files (x86)\MiFlashPro\XiaoMiFlash\mi. Hence the above images show in Chinese and not in English, that my computer was bound with the Mi account and authorized to flash.
How to flash stock MIUI ROM?
Getting an authorized Mi account is not enough. You must be able to flash the stock firmware to bring back or unbrick your phone.
Once logged-in, you can follow this MiFlash Fastboot method of flashing a stock MIUI Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi phone with Snapdragon chipset.
If you have a Mediatek based chipset such as the Redmi Note 8 Pro, then you have to use the SP Flash tool to flash respective images. Here is a step-by-step guide that explains how to unbrick your phone.
This guide is only for Fastboot MIUI firmware which you can get it here.
I hope this article is useful for all those bricked Xiaomi phone users waiting patiently to get an Authorized Mi Account and flash their phones manually. Needless to say, if you face any issue you can just login and leave a reply.
NEED HELP ?
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY TIRED OF THESE THINGS AND GOT TENSED OF HAVING HARDBRICKED DEVICES, WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT BY PROVIDING SOME REMOTE SERVICES REGARDING :
- HARD BRICK
- SOFT BRICK
- BOOT LOOP
- BOOTLOADER UNLOCK
- SYSTEM HAS BEEN DESTROYED
- MI ACCOUNT UNLOCK